Select event terms to filter by
Sunday December 10, 2017
Start: 12/10/2017 9:00 am
End: 12/10/2017 11:00 am

Club Surfers,

Surf should be in the 3-5 foot range for tomorrow morning with offshore winds.

Reminder... We do not bring the trailer to B practices... so be sure to bring your own boards!

Be sure to check your email Sunday morning in case we cancel or move to a different location.

Coaches Marty and Oliver

Tuesday December 12, 2017
Start: 12/12/2017 4:00 pm
End: 12/12/2017 5:30 pm

"C AND B" Surfers,

Forecast is calling for medium sized 6-8 feet occasionally 10 feet Tuesday. Conditions will be clean and off shore, but the swell is too big to run club practice.

Coaches Marty and Oliver

Saturday December 16, 2017
Start: 12/16/2017 2:00 pm
End: 12/16/2017 10:00 pm

Attention all club and team surfers,

This coming Saturday, 12-16-17 we will have a fun contest "Wavestorms on the Wall" for all levels of surfers to participate.

Location: Jetty
Time: Teams will be selected by team captains at 2pm sharp. Each team will be comprised of High School Team, Middle School Team and Club Surfers. First heat goes off at 2:30
Format: Team vs. Team "one design". All surfers will be riding Wavestorms.

Winning team will be announced at the Half Moon Bay Surf Club Benefit event following the contest at the Old Princeton Landing (OPL). See attached flyer.

Come early and enjoy the best burger on the coast at the OPL Grill and watch a slide show of all our young surfers doing what they do best! We'll have our tee-shirts, hats and sweat-shirts available for sale. Great way to get some of your Christmas Shopping done!!

Live music starts at 7:30pm.

Suggested donation for this event is only $15.00 per person. All donation proceeds directly benefit the Half Moon Bay Surf Club. Tell all your friends to come!!

If you are interested in volunteering for this event, please email Darius Dunlap at

Monday December 18, 2017
Start: 12/18/2017 4:00 pm
End: 12/18/2017 5:30 pm

"C AND B" Surfers, (A's Welcome)

We are planning on moving the practice to Monday since the rest of the week will be too big for club surfers.

Forecast is calling for medium sized 3-5 feet. Conditions should clean and off shore!

Please email Marty at if you are planning on surfing. So long as a few of you are planning on attending and the conditions look favorable we will run it!

C Surfers parents or a responsible parent appointed adult must be present to observe and make the call if it okay for there surfer to go out.

Please be suited up and ready to go by 4pm. Remember, we are now back to standard time so it will be getting dark an hour earlier.

Please check your email before heading to the beach to make sure the location hasn't changed or that practice hasn't been cancelled.

Coaches Marty and Oliver

Tuesday January 09, 2018
Start: 01/09/2018 4:00 pm
End: 01/09/2018 5:30 pm

"C AND B" Club Surfers,

Welcome back from your Winter break!! We are now officially into our stormy season and practice from here on out will be a challenge to pull off consistently. We'll still target Tuesday's and Sunday's however we will only run the practices if we feel the conditions are safe to do so. From time to time we may run a impromptu practice if conditions line up nicely on an off day. We'll do our best to give you all 24 hours notice.

Surf forecast for San Mateo County is calling for 8-12 feet tomorrow which will most likely equate to 6-8 foot faces at Dunes. That coupled with projected 16 knot winds out of the north west is sure to make for "victory at sea" conditions.

So no practice for tomorrow. We'll send out an update for this upcoming weekend.

Coaches Marty and Oliver

Syndicate content