Some of Saturday's finalists at the Lane on 9/17, the results also below... and no practice on 9/18... go have a free surf.Submitted by okeeton on Sat, 2011-09-17 19:04
Tomorrow practice will be at 4 PM, The Jetty .
See you there.
Indo-Mar Surf Jam: Friday, September 30, 2011 4pm-Dark
This is a FREE surf contest for Groms 18 & Under, boy and girl surfers. The Contest size is limited to 24 participants based upon date and time of submission of application. All participants will surf 2 x 30 minute heats. Participants will be grouped into 3 groups: Boys 15 & under, Boys 16-18, girls division. Judging will be done based upon the quantity and quality of waves/tricks/style of each participant. Awards will be presented at the completion of the contest.
To register online:
Good tune up after season opener in Santa Cruz.
Stephen Islander took 1st in Body Board.
Luke Eveslage took 6th in LongBoard.
Congratulations to both of you.
practice will be at Linda Mar - meet in the lot on the South side of Taco Bell... forecast is calling for south winds & if the fogs burns it should make for a beautiful day.
No practice on 9/4, go for a free surf with some friends and enjoy the long weekend
Tomorrow practice will be at 4 PM, Linda Mar beach with the A surfers only due to wave size. Conditions look good but big.
See you there.
HMB Surf Club - Middle School - welcome back to school ... We are having our first Pizza Lunch for returning and new students... We will be having Pizza and drinks for those interested in being in the club. Come eat and enjoy!
Practice will be at Linda Mar. 9am sharp- We're looking forward to seeing everyone.
Our First heat is at 8:30 am
I would like everyone there by 7:45am... this is so we can assess the conditions and make sure everyone is suited up and ready for the first heat. Directions are at the end of this email.
We will be meeting up at Starbucks in HMB at 6:30 if you need to put something in the trailer and will be leaving there at 6:45.
Driving directions to Lighthouse Point Park (aka Steamers Lane)
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
1. Take CA-1 S
2. Turn right onto Swift St
3. Turn left onto W Cliff Dr
4. look for the light house and park
Lighthouse Point Park (aka Steamers Lane)
Santa Cruz, California
First outing of the season. We'll be meeting in the lot south of Taco Bell at Linda Mar. 9am sharp- We're looking forward to seeing everyone.
Kahuna Kapuna Saturday and Surfrider Pro-Am Sunday at Linda Mar..
* Any old farts over the age of 40 may want to join in the fun at the Kahuna Kapuna contest on Saturday, August 6, at Linda Mar. There are still spaces in the 40-49 "Junior Kapuna" division we are reliably informed. This is for long- and short-board. www.kahunakapunasurf.org
* Surfrider will be sponsoring a Pro-Am contest at Linda Mar Beach in Pacifica from 7-5 on Sunday, August 7th. You can still sign up online. Short-board only.
Awards for the Rise Above The Plastics series will also be given out -get the word out to Men's Open winner Michael Joshua and Junior Victorian Cole Walter...
(THIS SHOULD VIRTUALLY GUARANTEE FOG AND ONSHORES THIS WEEKEND, BUT BETTER THAN MOPING AROUND AT HOME. FORECAST IS FOR SOME MIXED SWELL TO BE IN THE WATER)
FOR SURFRIDER: http://www.surfrider.org/smc/?p=4566
PRO/AM - $50.00
* Heat Format - 1st Round: Non-elimination 3-man heat; 2nd Round to Final: Man-on-man heats.
* Prize Money - TBD (based on number of entries)
* Amateurs - Also get FREE entry into Mens or Womens division (depending on space).
MENS & WOMENS - $30.00
* Heat Format - 1st Round: Non-elimination 4 or 6-man heat; 2nd Round to Final: 4 or 6-man heats.
* Free Entry - Amateurs entering the Pro/Am Division get FREE entry (depending on space).
TEAM CHALLENGE - $20.00 (per team)
* Team Members - 4 per team; Any age, gender, or all skill levels welcome.
* Heat Format - One 60 minute heat; One competitor from each team in the water at any one time.
MAKE SURE TO LIKE THE CONTEST PAGE:
Flea would like to surf with the club today June 23rd at the Lane around 1:30. He would like to mix it up thit you guys and maybe teach you HMB surfers a few things. All surfers are invited.