First outing of the season. We'll be meeting in the lot south of Taco Bell at Linda Mar. 9am sharp- We're looking forward to seeing everyone.
Kahuna Kapuna Saturday and Surfrider Pro-Am Sunday at Linda Mar..
* Any old farts over the age of 40 may want to join in the fun at the Kahuna Kapuna contest on Saturday, August 6, at Linda Mar. There are still spaces in the 40-49 "Junior Kapuna" division we are reliably informed. This is for long- and short-board. www.kahunakapunasurf.org
* Surfrider will be sponsoring a Pro-Am contest at Linda Mar Beach in Pacifica from 7-5 on Sunday, August 7th. You can still sign up online. Short-board only.
Awards for the Rise Above The Plastics series will also be given out -get the word out to Men's Open winner Michael Joshua and Junior Victorian Cole Walter...
(THIS SHOULD VIRTUALLY GUARANTEE FOG AND ONSHORES THIS WEEKEND, BUT BETTER THAN MOPING AROUND AT HOME. FORECAST IS FOR SOME MIXED SWELL TO BE IN THE WATER)
FOR SURFRIDER: http://www.surfrider.org/smc/?p=4566
PRO/AM - $50.00
* Heat Format - 1st Round: Non-elimination 3-man heat; 2nd Round to Final: Man-on-man heats.
* Prize Money - TBD (based on number of entries)
* Amateurs - Also get FREE entry into Mens or Womens division (depending on space).
MENS & WOMENS - $30.00
* Heat Format - 1st Round: Non-elimination 4 or 6-man heat; 2nd Round to Final: 4 or 6-man heats.
* Free Entry - Amateurs entering the Pro/Am Division get FREE entry (depending on space).
TEAM CHALLENGE - $20.00 (per team)
* Team Members - 4 per team; Any age, gender, or all skill levels welcome.
* Heat Format - One 60 minute heat; One competitor from each team in the water at any one time.
MAKE SURE TO LIKE THE CONTEST PAGE:
Flea would like to surf with the club today June 23rd at the Lane around 1:30. He would like to mix it up thit you guys and maybe teach you HMB surfers a few things. All surfers are invited.
To All Club Members: Darryl "Flea" Virostko has invited the HMB Surf Team to the RIO Theater, 1205 Soquel Ave, in Santa Cruz to view the film "THE WESTSIDERS" with him this Saturday at 7:00 PM. He will be giving a surf board away after the viewing. He has asked that we RSVP, so he has some idea how many of you will be attending. Please e-mail me if you will be attending so I can give him a heads up. (Please disregard if you have already received this email). Thanks Rocky Raynor
Last comp for the 1st Session group of HMB Junior Guards at Capitola... This is a great program for the kids!Submitted by okeeton on Mon, 2011-07-18 09:41
Big Thanks to the local San Mateo County State Parks Life Guards for running this program for our kids!
Meet the Coaches and Surfers at Roosevelt Beach.
Looking for students (incoming 6th Grade – College) and families that want to be a part of this great organization.
Roosevelt Beach, HMB
Sunday, July 17 · 10:00am - 1:00pm
The Coaches will be cooking up Hamburgers and Hot Dogs!
Anyone can surf with the club, but we especially need
female surfers for High school and male surfers for Middle school teams.
Bring your wet suit... the club will bring boards for you to do some surfing!!!
Photos of some of the kids in the first 2010 summer session of JG Competition down in SC- courtesy A Keller.Submitted by okeeton on Thu, 2011-06-30 11:33
The OPL (New Princeton Landing) will be hosting a mini-concert by Donovan Frankenreiter from 6 p.m. on Sunday and HMB Surf Team families have especially been encouraged to attend by owner-surfer Brian Overfelt.
If you're not away on vacation already, come on by and get your groove on...
Surfers and Parents,
Mark you calander! We will have our end of season party at 6:00PM at Sweetwoods Group Site (Directions: Highway 1 at Ruisseau Francais, north of Half Moon Bay.) on Wednesday evening June 1st at 6:00 PM. BBQ dinner will be served at 6:30 and awards will be handed out by campfire afterward. Come early and surf before dinner!!
See you then!