We will meet at the in El Granada across the street from Cafe Classique (turn east at the stoplight by the Harbor in Princeton) in the Flavor parking Lot i
At the meeting we will:
- Collect Surf Club dues/fees ($130 per Surfer) for the coming 2013-14 Season
- Collect All http://www.hmbsurfclub.com/docs)">forms: SCSSL Liability Waiver Form, Student Membership and Emergency Information , ALSO all HS Athletes need to fill out and complete a Doctors Physical to particpate in School Athletics with the High School - if you have done this for another fall sport you are covered - if NOT get a Sports Physical.
- We will remind folks why we need to have them join the Boys & Girls Club of the Coastside and if you haven't done so already how to complete this.
- We will talk about some of the benefits of being a Club Member... wetsuit deals...
- We will also be talking about the upcoming 6th Annual Luau & Surf Swap on the 21st of Sept
After the meeting we will go for a surf ... conditions permitting!
See you then the Coaches
Hi Folks -
Friday practice for the High School Squad has been moved to the Jetty at 4 p.m. due to strong onshores and swell. Since this will be the only spot around today, I will likely not hold any heats, but will be available for individual instruction and advice on technique. Please be respectful of others trying to grab a few waves.
See ya there,
P.S. ANY HMB HIGH SCHOOL SURFERS WHO HAVEN'T ALREADY FILLED OUT AN "ATHLETIC CLEARANCE PACKET" FOR ANOTHER FALL SPORT WILL NEED TO DO SO AND RETURN TO JUSTIN FERDINAND ASAP. Here's the link:
HMB High Surf Team Sunday Practice Footage:
***NEXT HIGH SCHOOL TEAM PRACTICE WILL BE ON FRIDAY, SEP-13, FROM 4 PM AT MONTARA FOR THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE A WATER POLO COMPETITION***
The link below has raw practice footage from Sunday put together by Coach Chris and also filmed by Kelby. Once you are past the first 10 seconds it starts.
Chris observed: "What I really liked were the long waves guys like Hunter, Thomas, Coel and Malcolm were getting. From a judging standpoint, the longer you're up on waves the easier it is to give you a score. I liked Tommy's linking turns all the way to beach. Hunter did a good job of throwing out variety on the little inside section."
"The waves were poor quality last weekend. But most contests aren't very good conditions anyway - so good training. You all did a good job of making them look fun. Every practice I hope to film and post something for you to evaluate. Who knows maybe we'll get some good waves to film one day?" ;)
Next time around, Chris plans to bring a GoPro and get into the water for some close-ups of your finishing moves. So if you like reviewing footage of your surfing, please don't head to the beach before your heat is done.
See ya Friday,
Oliver and Keri will be at Kelly Street tomorrow morning at 6:30 to unlock the gate and check the surf. If it's decent, we'll be surfing! I hear the Middle School doesn't have late start!
HMB High Surf Team-Club Docs and Fees:
Any high school club or team surfers will need to fill out the following forms and return copies ASAP to Coach Mike to participate this season. They will be the basis for the high school roster as well.
1) Please make out a check for $130/surfer to "HMB Surf Club"
2) Go on to the club website and the 6th item down on the upper left of "Club Info" is "Surf Club Docs": http://www.hmbsurfclub.com/docs
Once you are on the HMBsurfclub Docs page, click on the "Boys and Girls Membership Application" form (Fill this part out electronically). At the very bottom of the form check the 2013-2014 membership box and the surf club box. (This is important for Caitlen at the Boys & Girls Club).
3) You will also need to fill out the contestant & liability forms for the SC SSL, which are also linked on our Docs page. Please return these two forms with checks to Coach Mike at the next practice.
We will have information for you about upcoming wetsuit deals soon.
Go HMB! Thanks,
No High School Surf Team Practices This School Week
Fun start to the season last Sunday at Montara for the high school squad. The hint of fall in the air over Labor Day was most welcome.
But there will be no formal practice for the high school team today (Weds) due to the coaches' meeting Santa Cruz, nor on Friday since both the men and women's water polo teams have a tournament then. Good luck HMB!
Next practice for the high school will be on Sunday at 9 a.m. We will make a call closer to that time on the location.
Oliver and Marty will be running practice at Kelly Street tomorrow morning at 6:30 to unlock the gate and check the surf. If it's decent, we'll be surfing! Hopefully it will be as clean as it was this morning!
Reminder: There will be a mandatory High School Fall Team Sports Informational Meeting for all high school athletes/surfers and their parents tonight (Tuesday, Aug-27) from 7 pm in the MU at HMB High. Coaches will meet in advance from 6:45 pm.
See you there,
New this year, as the HMB High School Surf team is a school sport, there is a mandatory meeting for fall sports participants.
Please mark your Calendar and we'll see you there....
Reminder: HMB High School mandatory Fall Team Sports Info Meeting will be held in the MU room for all athlete-surfers and their parents tonight at 7 pm (Tuesday, Aug-27).
Surf Team/Club Coaches will meet in advance at 6:45 pm.
See ya there, Coach Mike
This has been passed along from the SCssL: Warner Bros is looking for a young surfer for the feature film "Crazy for the Storm". Shooting will take place in Los Angeles for 10 - 12 weeks, most likely starting in January. Please spread the word to any interested young surfers.