HMB High Surf Team Practice Schedule:
1) Friday 4 pm @ Montara
2) Sunday 9 am @ Kelly or TBA
We will have south winds and decreasing swell on Friday, which should make Montara the call for the high school squad. Smaller swell is expected on Sunday and light onshores again, so we'll give Kelly a crack or switch if we need to.
I will be out of town on Sunday, so please give Kerri and Chris your full attention. If anyone has trouble making it to Montara, please get in touch with your teammates or coaches for a ride in advance. We can help out and its important to make practices if you don't have other obligations.
See ya there,
Marty and oliver will be at Kelly tomorrow morning at 6:30 to check the surf & hopefully run a morning Practice.
We are expecting a bump up in wave heights - possible 5-7 ft, if the winds and conditions cooperate we'll be surfing! Due to this we will be asking middle school kids to NOT come due to the forecast size.
Cheers and see you in them am.
HMB High Surf Team Practice Update:
Friday (4 pm) and Sunday (9 am) practices will be at Montara, conditions permitting. Winds are attempting to clock back around to the Northeast and with mostly short-period swell this could clean up quickly on Friday... if we get lucky. Sunday looks small and clean with East winds. Great practice last Sunday with team heats. We may attempt to run some offense-defense drills Friday even if the conditions are sloppy.
FYI - If I don't have a record of you in heats and you don't let me know about valid absences (polo, work, school), you will mostly likely be placed as an alternate for the upcoming HMB contest vs. Soquel/Cypress on Oct-27.
See ya there,
Coaches Mike, Kerri and Chris
Calling All Junior Girls Longboarders!
The "Big Chill Out" longboard contest will be held on Saturday, October-12, at Linda Mar Beach in Pacifica, sponsored by the Pedro Point Surf Club.
Though most categories have filled up, I have been notified that they still have 3 junior girls slots open (under 25) for this super fun event. This is a great opportunity to hone your longboarding skills and get in a tune-up for the upcoming season. Surfers are guaranteed at least two heats and fees cover a T-shirt and dinner at the awards ceremony afterward.
Details can be found at:
Marty and oliver will be at the Jetty tomorrow morning at 6:30 to check the surf & hopefully run a morning Practice. If it's decent and we can see the waves, we'll be surfing!
High School Surf Team Practice Schedule:
The wind is supposed to begin to back off into the weekend along with a drop in the NW swell and increase in moderate South swell. Conditions may still be quite mixed up, however, so Friday's high school team practice is very tentative and not mandatory. Sunday is looking quite a bit better, with the wind relenting. Let's try for Montara both days and see if we get lucky. If not, we'll will notify you of any venue change or cancellation by email ahead of practice.
Friday 4 pm - Montara
Sunday 9 am - Montara
***High school coaches - please provide me copies of 1) your Live Scan receipts and 2) CPR cards by one of these practices. SCSSL will not let you coach without hard copies due now.***
On a bright note, conditions look ideal for our junior high chargers in their first contest of the season at The Lane on Saturday. Head on down to cheer on the middle school groms and surf down the coast! Their Team heats start at 8:30 a.m. Please be sure to give yourselves extra time due to the HMB Marathon traffic on Sunday.
Marty and oliver will be at the Jetty tomorrow morning at 6:30 to check the surf & hopefully run a morning Practice. If it's decent, we'll be surfing!
HMB High School Surf Team Practice Friday at 4 pm @ Jetty
Groundswell is supposed come up on Friday, perhaps even in time for high school team practice. Some NW wind may be on it, however, thus the Jetty may be our best option. If the wind lays back down, we may consider other spots, so keep your eyes peeled for an email update tomorrow.
See ya there if you don't have a waterpolo game,
Oliver and Marty will be running practice at Kelly Street tomorrow morning at 6:30 to unlock the gate and check the surf. If it's decent, we'll be surfing!